World Architecture Festival will take place on the 30 November-2 December 2022 at FIL, Lisbon.
Now in its 15th year, WAF is the place
where architects meet to share ideas and
set the future agenda. The live-judged
awards sit at the heart of the festival
alongside keynote talks, fringe events
and an exhibition.
Why enter the awards?
- Receive unparalleled exposure in the global media. Finalists are featured in 700+ articles
- Gain invaluable insight from our world-renowned judges.
- Showcase and celebrate your work on a global stage
- Permanently archive your project on the brand-new worldbuildingsdirectory.com, even if you are not shortlisted • Benefit from our network of media partners including ArchDaily, Designboom and Architects’ Journal
- Enter one of WAF’s many dedicated prizes at no additional cost, increasing your chances of winning
- Feature in a dedicated finalist catalogue distributed to The Architectural Review subscribers
- Join WAF’s ever growing community to form partnerships with other architects and meet potential clients
- Feature in WAF’s films, podcast and building studies distributed to a database of 130,000
- Receive a V2com gift certificate for a press kit distribution worth $1525
- Share ideas and learn from your
• Civic and community • Culture • Display • Health • Higher education and research • Hotel and leisure • House • Housing • Mixed-use • New and old • Office • Production, energy and recycling • Religion • Education • Shopping • Sport • Transport • Villa
Completed buildings must have been completed within 1st of January 2021 and 30th of June 2022
• Civic • Commercial mixed-use • Competition entries • Culture • Education • Experimental • Health • House • Infrastructure • Leisure-led development • Masterplanning • Office • Residential
• Rural • Urban
World Festival of Interiors: INSIDE – WAF’s sister awards taking place at the same time and place!
• Bars & Restaurants • Education • Health and Fitness • Hotels • Public Buildings • Residential – single dwelling • Residential – housing, more than one dwelling • Retail • Temporary/ Meanwhile uses • Workplace – large • Workplace - small
Interior projects must have been completed within 1st of January 2021 and 30th of June 2022
The Word Architecture Festival is a rare if not unique occasion bringing together a large number of the finest architects from around the world under one roof, to exchange and share ideas and to learn from each other.
The presenters and speakers were an incredible who's who of the architectural and interior world. Nothing like getting all your networking for a year done in three days!
It's good to know what's happening around the world and what other people are doing in other parts of the world.
Winning the WAF award has given credibility and respect to the work of the practice, an unquestionable kudos which speaks for itself - we are taken seriously and shown respect.
It has been amazing to be part of an award-winning team. When you look across the range and quality of projects put forward for the WAF Awards, to be shortlisted and then become associated with the overall winner is a momentous achievement for us.
Great opportunity to connect with international architects and understand what happens in the global context.
WAF is a wonderful mix of theory and the reality of everyday practice in the presentations, the jury-comments, the lectures, the debates and exhibitions. The excursions, parties and dinner offer excellent opportunities to network. WAF is the most inclusive cross-border event on the architectural horizon!
How to enter?
- Choose the category for WAF and/or INSIDE that you wish to enter.
- Create your account or log in
- Tell us the details of your project, provide a project description and upload images and plans to support your entry.
- Upload the artwork for your entry boards that will be used by the judges to make their shortlisting decisions and be displayed at the festival. We will print your entry boards.
- You can save and come back to your entry at any stage. Once you have paid your entry fee online your entry is completed.
Entries open March - June
11 July Shortlist announced
15 July Last day for finalists to buy festival passes at a discounted rate
30 Nov - 2 December World
Architecture Festival takes place
in Lisbon and category judging
2 December Final rounds of
judging take place and the
overall winners are announced
The judging process
➊ Entries open March - June 2022
➋ 17 June Shortlist decided Leading architects and industry professionals gather to look at the entry boards and decide on a shortlist.
➌ 11 July Shortlist is announced All finalists will be published on the WAF and INSIDE website, international press and WAF’s renowned media partners.
➍ 30 Nov -2 December Live category judging at WAF All finalists must purchase two delegate passes to allow them to present to a panel of three category judges followed by 10 minutes of Q&A with the jury. Judging takes place in a ‘crit’ room open to all delegates. Category winners are announced at the end of each day.
➎ 2 December Live judging for overall winners Each category winner presents again for the Completed Building, Future Project, Landscape or World Interior of the Year Super-Jury.
➏ 2 December The final winners are revealed
The World Building, Future Project, Landscape
and Interior of the Year winners are announced
at the end of the day. Winners have been
meticulously weighed over three rounds of
WAF early bird rate (ends 8 April) : £795 +VAT where applicable
WAF standard rate: £875 +VAT where applicable
INSIDE standard rate: £645 +VAT where applicable
INSIDE standard rate: £725 +VAT where applicable
Enter three or more and receive a 15% discount. Use the code MULTIENTRY15 at the checkout.
Delegate passes start from £999 +VAT All finalists must purchase two tickets to attend and present at the festival